Proxpro Prompt, the Mobile GPS Calendar, Now Available on BlackBerry AppWorld, - The Must Have App for Road Warriors who want to Increase Sales Activity and Need to be On Time, Every Time.
Proxpro, the award-winning provider of advanced mobile GPS software and location-based services, today announced that its "Prompt" application is now available in BlackBerry AppWorld. Proxpro Prompt is a GPS Calendar technology that optimizes real-time traffic, trip planning maps, GPS navigation, and time / location-based weather to the mobile calendar. As well as providing a seven day overview of your meetings, travel time, and the weather to expect crossing your path, a key feature of Prompt is that it is aware of new incidents on your next journey, it pushes an alert to you and urges you to "hit the road", so you arrive on time, every time for every appointment.
"A real problem with other traffic services is that often you are only aware of traffic when it is too late and they are not specific about the impact delays will have on the timing of your journey," said Julian Bourne, CEO and Founder, Proxpro Inc., "Proxpro Prompt means that people, before they get in their car, know the fastest route and precisely when they have to leave. Prompt simply eradicates the fear and uncertainty of being late and gives users a sense of calm and control over their busy day."
How Proxpro Prompt works:
Prompt monitors the mobile calendar for an offsite meeting or a trip to the airport. Then it predicts the traffic on the route and provides a "leave by time." This time is updated as the driver gets ready to leave because the application is reviewing time/location-based weather, incidents and real-time traffic. Based on this information, 30 minutes prior to the latest departure time, it adjusts the route and travel time, alerts you it is time to leave so the driver is punctual. Prompt continues to monitor the traffic, the optimum route and displays the time cushion (progress ahead of schedule), minute-by-minute until the driver reaches their destination.
- PUNCTUALITY – Arrive on time every time for every appointment
- INCREASED SALES ACTIVITY – Optimize number of sales visits per day
- ELIMINATE WASTE – Reduce unnecessary traffic buffer before meetings and time spent in traffic jams.
- CONTROL – The ability to adjust plans as circumstances change.
- EFFECTIVENESS – People can focus on preparing for their next meeting not worrying about being late.
- SAFETY – No need to rush
- Timeliness Accuracy and Convenience.
- Proxpro Prompt accesses real-time traffic conditions on 160,000 miles of road, interstate and arterial, across North America including impacts from changes to weather conditions, sporting events, holidays and seasonal variations. Proxpro's patent pending technology provides the most accurate predictions of travel time and the most precise time to leave alerts, conveniently and pushed to the user's attention.
Proxpro Prompt Features:
- Receive precise automatic "When to leave" countdown notifications based on real-time traffic so you know when to hit the road
- See the optimum route with directions to avoid congestion
- One screen overview of meetings, travel time and weather to expect at the time of arrival for each meeting.
- Instant heads up on new incidents on your next journey
- Identify road works and real-time congestion on your route
- See traffic on other roads adjacent to your route
- Check your daily commute for accidents or construction
- One touch voice directions activation (separate subscription required)
- Get personalized time and location-based weather reports
- A comprehensive array of trip planning maps, directions and travel information based on entries in your calendar, conveniently and automatically.
"Prompt is quickly becoming one of the most useful applications that I have installed on my Blackberry Bold. It ties together my two most used applications, the Calendar which syncs with my Outlook calendar for appointment scheduling and the Bold's GPS functionality which I use regularly to determine when I will arrive at the locations that I'm heading for. The thing that I find most useful is that I can easily jump from my appointments to the map display that tells me how long I have before I need to leave for the next appointment without being late, along with a recommended route. This is a great feature as far as I'm concerned. Finally someone has come up with an application that is really useful for personal or business users. " - P. W. Paton
"We can all identify with the service it provides. Proxpro understands the importance of meshing location, travel, and calendar appointments together to provide a much needed service." - Andrew Seybold
A 7 day FREE trial of Prompt v1.1.2 is available at BlackBerry AppWorld. Thereafter Prompt costs $29.99 for unlimited use for one year.
Prompt is available on the following BlackBerry devices from BlackBerry App World
- BlackBerry Curve 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8330m, 8350i
- BlackBerry 8800, 8820, 8830
- BlackBerry Curve 8900
- BlackBerry Bold 9000
- BlackBerry Tour 9630
- BlackBerry Storm (beta) available on request.
- Prompt is available on all US Carriers (T-Mobile not supported)
- USA only (other countries on the way)
Proxpro (www.proxpro.com) provides advanced software solutions for the mobile workforce management and location-based services industries. The company's situation aware products present just-in-time information to empower professionals and mobile teams to make better decisions, reduce costs and improve customer service. Proxpro has developed several award winning, carrier certified, mobile solutions including a product called "Prompt" a "push" technology that optimizes navigation and traffic information based on a personal calendar and makes sure people are on time every time (patent pending). Prompt won best mobile app at Andrew Seybold's Innovation Rally (March 2009) and the People's Choice Award, Enterprise Category, at SiRF's Location 2.0 Summit (September, 2008), when it was chosen by top LBS Industry Leaders, for its level of innovation and mass appeal. Founded in 2005, the company is headquartered in Weston, Mass.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Julian Bourne